Help to welcome our newest spirits to the world by crocheting around the edge of a flannel burp cloth. These burp cloths will be given to mothers and babies who will treasure such a soft, sweet token of love.
Crocheted Burp Cloth Instructions
If you are familiar with crocheting it is a single crochet stitch one time around the burp cloth. Crochet loose. To finish, connect the last 2 stitches and pull the thread through your last loop. Tighten and secure with a knot in the thread.
Note: Thicker yarn tends to buckle. To prevent this, complete 5 or so stitches and then skip a hole. This helps with buckling and allows the burp cloth to lay flat.
1) Hold burp cloth in front of you. It is best to start on a side. Push the crochet hook through a hole from the front with the thread behind the burp cloth.
2) Grab the yarn with the hook and pull the thread toward you through the hole, leaving a 6 inch tail.
3) Reach the hook up and grab the thread. (Not the tail)
4) Pull the thread through the loop.
5) You now have one loop on your hook. Push the hook through the next hole and
grab the thread.
6) Pull the thread toward you through the hole. You will now have two loops on the hook. Bring the thread over the hook.
7) Pull the thread through the two loops that were on the hook. This will leave a single loop.
8) You have now completed one single crochet. Repeat all of the way around.
9) End the burp cloth by enlarging the loop on your hook. Cut the end about 3 inches long. Pull the thread through your last loop. Tighten to secure a knot in the thread.
For printable instructions, click here.